Saturday, August 9, 2008

The First

I wish I had something insightful or witty to share on my first blog post, but sadly, I can't think of anything really.

I had a great run today. I was aiming to go out for 1.5 hours, but I got up late (9am) and only went out for an hour. I say 9am is late because in NYC, August can get hot and humid quickly. Running at 9am, I knew it would be hard to motivate myself to stay out much past 10am.

I stayed at my cousin's apartment in Manhattan last week "house sitting" while she was in Spain, visiting her parents. The 30 minute commute to work spoiled me rotten. My commute on Monday will go back to the standard 1.5 hours. But, at least I'll get more reading time in, right?

Besides, at least in Whitestone no one decides to ring your bell incessantly for 30 minutes at 4:30 in the morning. At times, there is a lot to be said for distance, and not so much for living right next to a bar.

2 comments:

Jennifer Lehmann said...

You commute an hour and a half to work every day?? Absolutely gross.

What are you reading at the moment?

Olivia said...

Loads of really dorky books. I'm reading a book on American history and also the memoirs of a former Cuban political prisoner. Like I said, super dorky.

And yes. 1.5 hours each way every day. Blah.