Friday, October 31, 2008

He's Gone.

Dear Jennifer,

Last night I was having a ton of trouble sleeping. I was feeling sorry for myself about something so incredibly insignificant and stupid that it's not even worth mentioning here.

And then, I got your text. "He's gone" and just like that, I started to cry. It's all so incredibly unfair that the word unfair simply doesn't cover it. Because Ty should be trick-or-treating today and Christi should be picking out another costume and Manny should be decorating another pumpkin. We shouldn't have to celebrate Christmas in October because we know our son, sister, friend, or playmate won't make it until December. Today was one of those days I wanted to shake everybody and scream: "How can you be laughing?!?! Don't you understand they're gone."

I realize that this anger isn't what they want at all because they lived, laughed, loved and dreamed more than most people I know. I wish that I could be that strong. And more than anything, I wish that they had never left at all.

No comments: