Monday, March 22, 2010

Where in the World

My friend, C., posted this question on her blog and I love it so I thought I would post it here too. I would love to hear your answers!

If you could choose to be born again as a citizen of any country in the world, which country would you choose, and why?

My answer should be obvious. I would want to have been born in Northern Ireland. I think it would have been fascinating to have lived in Northern Ireland during that time. Belfast, obviously. And then I would also have the benefit of EU citizenship (well, I technically have that already with my Spanish passport). And to boot, I would also have an amaaaaaaaazing accent.

I'd still want my parents to be where they are from (Spain and Cuba) but I would have loved to have been born in Belfast. And yes, I've actually thought this out before.

Your turn!

1 comment:

Noelia said...

I don't think its so much as where you are born as to where you've been that influences you in who you are...
Take me, I was born in Cuba but feel very little connection to its culture, history, speech accent, etc...other than the sentimental ties that some of these might bring to me in the form of memories of my wonderful family. Yet I feel a passion for Spain..its landscape, its culture, its history...and very much the same for the US. So is it really where you are born....or where you've been that leaves that imprint?