Tuesday, July 20, 2010

About an update

I keep thinking I should update but I can't seem to find the words (or energy) to find anything meaningful to say these days. It's not to say that there is nothing meaningful to write about because there is but the words elude me. Part of it, I know, is because there simply are no words for it all. For Manny and Christi and Kayla and Matty and Liam and Erin and Sydney and the so very many angels we've lost.

But I don't want this to be a depressing update and I don't want to just focus on the sadness here. Because, as we know, in times like these, that doesn't help. We need to verb. So I am training for a 10K run in October to raise funds for Kids Cancer Crusade and I'm lanyarding with my mom to help support the Children's Neuroblastoma Cancer Foundation through Erin's Lanyards. I'm also planning on volunteering at Camp Sunshine this fall/winter. If you're interested in joining me for any or all of these events, please let me know! I'll be sharing more information on the 4th Annual Christi Run soon.

It's all about the verbs really. They are keeping me sane and giving me hope.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

thanks for the update:) you should really write more often...I look forward to it. Love ya!