Thursday, September 16, 2010

FALL!!!

Ok, I know I have been delinquent lately. I sort of forgot I had a blog (or more to the point that I need to post on it) and I sort of didn't know what to write about.

I have been doing well. It's starting to feel like Fall here in NYC and I am so excited. I love the Fall. I love feeling the cooler air on my face and the way the leaves crunch under your feet and how everything just feels so much crisper. Not to mention the yummy foods like pumpkin and squash and apples and lentil stew. Tasty! I also love how Fall, for a reason I can't quite put my finger on, makes me feel a little more like a kid. Maybe it's the Halloween thing. And the "the holidays are coming" thing. The point is, I love Fall.

And this Fall is full of fun things! I am running in my 4th Annual Christi Run which will raise money for one of my very, very, very favorite organizations: Kids Cancer Crusade. I have been training a lot for this run and really trying to get in good shape for it. I know you'll think I'm nuts when I tell you that I get up at 4:30am to run on the treadmill, but I love it. I call it my "Christi time" and having that perspective really does make all the difference. I couldn't ask for a better running buddy at 4:30am.

I am also SUPER (and I do mean SUPER) excited about my Halloween weekend plans to visit my friend, C. A weekend with one of my best friends is always great and I am looking forward to our NCIS discussions, baking, outdoor hikes/walks and haunted prison adventure. We're even planning on going trick-or-treating! Could a girl really ask for more?? (C. has young siblings, so it's completely acceptable to trick-or-treat. When you're little you need adult supervision. Apparently, I qualify.)

And, of course, the Fall would not be complete without the annual Nunez family apple-picking trip.

I've got loads to look forward to. I hope you're all doing well and making some fun Fall plans of your own!

~ Olivia


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the fall too:) It's such a gorgeous time of year!

christina said...

Wait, *you* are the adult supervision? This changes everything - I was certain I was going to have to be the grown-up! Sweeeeeeet! Lily and I are going to make sure you earn your keep. But we'll still let you dress up and she may even share her candy...