1. My mom who made me coffee today even though she no longer drinks it. It's coffee we brought back from Spain and I love it...but can't make it as well as my mom does. What a great way to start the day!
2. For my aunt, Dorita, who inspired me in so many ways and still does. If it weren't for her, I never would have had the chance to go t Dartmouth. Through the years, she sent my countless care packages and other gifts simply because she thought of me. She gave to so many without ever expecting anything in return. She was funny and loving and so much more than an aunt to me. I am so very blessed she was a part of my life for 18 years.
3. For my friend, Angela, who is my favorite book buddy...even if I make a horrible book buddy in return. Her friendship means more than I could ever put into words. Angela, thank you for sharing Christi and Shayla with me. I adore them both and am inspired by their generosity and love every single day (And yours too!)
4. For my friend, Christine. My very first friend I met at Dartmouth. (Christine, I still remember the exact moment I met you when we were walking to Convocation.) Her latest blog entry touched my soul. If you have a moment, you should visit her site and read it too: http://stuffandtuppence.blogspot.com/2010/11/gratitude.html.
5. For books. My "friends" that keep me company on my long commute to work and back. For The Economist magazine that give me a great way to keep in touch with world events when I am crunched for time and has great reporting. For the BBC news and Television Espanola because they make me feel like I am in Belfast or Spain, respectively when I watch them.
5. For Ylaria, who I get to see this weekend. And for her family. Like all of my other friends and family, they have changed my life and I can't wait to give them all a really big hug.