Saturday, May 14, 2011

Happy Birthday, Ylaria


“I've heard it said that people come into our lives for a reason, bringing something we must learn. And we are led to those who help us most to grow, if we let them, and we help them in return. Well, I don't know if I believe that's true, but I know I'm who I am today because I knew you.
It well may be, that we will never meet again in this lifetime so let me say before we part: so much of me is made of what I learned from you. You'll be with me like a hand print on my heart.” ~Wicked (“For Good”)


My dear Ylaria,

I wanted to take a moment today to wish you a happy, beautiful, amazing birthday. I hope your day is full of all the sunshine, laughter, happiness and love that you always gave to me. And that you still give to me. I can say “still” because you are with me all of the time. Not a day goes by that I do not think of you. And miss you. And love you.

I read somewhere that with each memory, we meet again with those we love because the heart never forgets. If that's true, and I believe it is, then you are always with me because you live in my heart. I see bits of you everywhere. You are in so much of what I do and who I am; it's impossible to forget you. It’s impossible not to think of you. This is part of your magic.
I know this world was, is, and forever will be a better place because of you. And, I promise that as long as there is life in me, I will share your story and spirit with everyone I meet, so that others can know your magic too.

Have a beautiful 6th birthday, Ylaria! Eat lots of Chinese food, enjoy lots of delicious cake. And don’t forget to make a wish as you blow out your candles. I told Manny to give you a big hug for me. I am sending many, many more.
 
I love you, beautiful.
Your friend forever,
Olivia

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love you...here if you need me