Monday, March 2, 2009

#44. Make a "LTLYM assignment".

So, I came across this website: Learning to Love You More, through the friend of a friend and I decided that I should participate! I've also decided that today is the start of my new year and what better way to start a new year than by doing something new, right?

You may think March 2nd is an odd day for a new year, but I disagree.
1. It's a Monday
2. It's a SNOW DAY. And I don't even go to school. (I just have really cool, understanding and amazing bosses.)
3. I went for a run (on the treadmill) for the first time in two weeks which means my pneumonia is hopefully kicking it (finally!)
4. I hate March 1st so the day after is bound to be a million times better by default. :p
5. Why can't it be my new year if I want it to be!??!

As my first LTLYM assignment, I decided to create my own mainly because I wanted to do something I could write and because I wanted to do something that made me really happy, but that would also push me out of my comfort level.

My assignment?

Write a love letter to yourself.

Corny? Probably, but coming from someone who has struggled with this whole self-love thing for years, I think it's a necessary way to start off the new year. :p And what better way to get over my "oh-my-god-what-are-people-going-to-think-of-me thing than by sharing it here???


Dear Me,

Today, I want you to know that you are awesome. Really.

You do more than you give youself credit for. You do things for others. You give unconditionally. You go out of your way to make people happy. All of this makes you happy, true, but it's not always easy. You do it all anyway because at the end of the day, you know that the doing is not about you at all. You've acknowledged that there is a world beyond yourself and that's the first step in making a difference. I know you struggle with seeing your impact, your worth, your meaining, but if you stopped analyzing and if you just let yourself be, you'd see that while you haven't changed the world, you've changed a small part of your piece in it. And, that's just as important.

You make people smile. And laugh. The office is quiet when you're not there. The fact that this is mentioned every time your away is an indication of your value. Your quirkiness makes everything just a little more interesting. You're different; it's a great thing.

So while you may wonder what the point and meaning of your life is and if you even have one at all, know that you do. You matter- and not because of what you do- but because of who you are. Don't ever forget that.

Love,
Olivia

2 comments:

Kristen said...

Hi Olivia! Thank you so much for the compliment, you really, seriously made my day! I'm so glad you're joining me in the LTLYM adventure, it's really fun- sometimes challenging, but in the end it's going to be awesome to finish them all! I hope you don't mind if I add you to my blogroll, so that I can keep up. :-)

Kristen said...

Thank you! And PS. I loooove Storypeople!! That's so clever of you to incorporate it into your blog name and subtitle :-D