Monday, July 13, 2009

I'm still here...

I'm still here. I promise. This last week was insane. Our summer program started at work which led to many 11 hour work days and lots of exhaustion. I've been living on coffee through it all and I'm glad to say that I survived it fairly well!

This weekend was great. I was able to catch up on some much needed sleep and spend a lot of time with family. On Saturday, I went to New Paltz with my mom and sisters. We did a lot of driving and a saw some beautiful scenery. (ok, so we got a little lost, but it wasn't so bad!) We went to a local farmer's market, grabbed lunch and then walked around New Paltz before heading home. I've really been enjoying the road trips we've been taking lately (we spent July 4th weekend in the Poconos). Truth is, I've been working a lot lately. A. lot. And getting out of NYC is just what I need to feel better and re-energize for another week.

The weather in NYC has really picked up lately which is nice. It's been in the mid-70s mostly, sometimes hitting the 80s and it's my perfect summer weather. I hate the humidity and heat that NY summers usually bring so there is no complaining from me! Added to this nice weather is the fact that it's finally stopped raining. I've been trying to run outside, and just be outside more. If I can get home before too late tonight, I will definitely fit in another run before going to bed.

In all, this summer has been good to me so far. I'm seeing friends, doing some weekend travelling, spending time with family and relaxing. Work is busy but good. I can't complain.

I hope you're all doing well.

No comments: