Friday, January 14, 2011

Here we go

Ok, it's been a really long time since I have posted a real "Olivia update" (as some keep reminding me).

I can't write a long update but here's some highlights in brief:

I flew out to California last week to see Ylaria. After a week of crying many tears and being unable to sleep, it was so good to see her. We enjoyed some nice moments together. She is simply remarkable and flying across the country and back in 3 days was nothing at all for the smiles and hugs I got.

To keep my spirits up on the long plane ride (no small task), I took a Celia Rivenbark with me. I highly recommend this author because she is FUNNY. And the book actually made me laugh out loud. (This was in between crying spurts, so you can only imagine just how funny she is. So here's my advice: if you need a lift (or laugh) read some Celia Rivenbark. I guarantee it'll brighten your day, however gloomy it is.

I have volunteered to interview prospective Dartmouth students. I did my first interview earlier this week and it made me so jealous. I want to go back to Dartmouth! (Total nerd, I know.)

Hope all is well in your corner of the world.

Olivia



No comments: