Friday, May 7, 2010

Congrats, Jennifer

My very amazing friend, Jennifer, is graduating from nursing school today. She was inspired to become a pediatric oncology nurse because of Christi.

While in high school, Jennifer started Kids Cancer Crusade, a nonprofit organization that helps children with cancer and their families. Jennifer sends care packages to the children, hosts amazing fundraising events and outings for the children and provides a vital network of support for families facing their worst nightmares. If you're looking for a worthy organization to contribute to, Kids Cancer Crusade is certainly worth it. Recently, I hand delivered a KCC package to Ylaria and the smile on her face was priceless.

In addition to her incredibly giving spirit and loving heart, Jennifer is one of my best friends. Jennifer, I honestly don't know without the daily texts, IMing, and girly gossip. Who else understands my OTH obsession?? All kidding aside, I can't tell you how much your friendship has meant to me since we were first "introduced" by Christi. You've helped keep my brother's spirit alive. And you were there to let me cry and remember on so many occasions. I'd be lost without you.

So, congratulations today. I know you'll be one of the most amazing pediatric oncology nurses. Ever.

Just stay clear of those Wal-Mart, psychos, k? (I'm working on my boxing skills, but I'd rather not have to use them.)

Until the next text,
Olivia

No comments: