Monday, June 20, 2011

The 30 Day Sugar-Free Challenge

So every now and then I like to challenge myself. To push myself to be better, to be healthier, to explore new options. Today, is one of those days. Well, to be honest, it started last week. After my indulgent days in California, I wanted to get back on track so I cut out sweets for the week. And I was surprised with how easy it was.

I mean it wasn't a piece of cake (ha!) but it was definitely not as difficult as I thought it would be. I have always considered myself to be addicted to sugar, but I found the week without processed sugar was great. I felt better physically and emotionally. It's definitely a positive change.

I don't think this means I am going to give up processed sugar forever. At least, I am not ready to say that now, but the sugar-free week got me thinking: could I do this longer? And so, I am ready to say that for the next 30 days, I will be sugar-free. (This means, my only "sweets" will be fruit.)

I look forward to reporting on my progress and discoveries. If you're interested in joining me, let me know! These kinds of adventures are always more fun with a buddy! July 21 will be here before we know it.

No comments: