Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Happy Birthday, Christi




Christi,

I've been thinking of you all day today. I hope you had a beautiful birthday up in Heaven. I know your family and friends would have much rather preferred to have you here, blowing out candles, celebrating with friends, making wishes for a new year. But, I also know that you have created your own magic today. You are everywhere. In the sunshine and the fluffy clouds. In the laughter and the happiness. In the love we feel for you and because of you. You're everywhere. Always.

In 9 short years, you changed so many lives. And in changing lives, you changed the world. The whole world was impacted by your spirit and your beauty and your love. My life was changed so very much. I strive to be like you. To live like you lived and love like you loved. It's not always easy-- you're in a league all your own-- but I try.

And tomorrow, when I blow out my own candles, I'll send a special wish your way. And a big thank you hug. You mean more than you'll ever know. I'll remember you forever. Always.



3 comments:

Jennifer Lehmann said...

Thank you for even just saying her name. I don't think anyone around me realized what today is...

Kristen said...

That was a beautiful letter to Christi... thank you for posting it, along with the photo. It is obvious that she is so very missed, and has made such a huge impact on the world. Sending love..

Vickie said...

I'm glad I stopped by to tell you about WeRead.com (which I just started using). I vaguely knew that Christi's birthday was this week but couldn't put my finger on it. Now, I must write Angela and Shayne (I don't think they will mind extending her birthday another day).

Anyway, I joined WeRead.com to help me keep track of what I have read. Once you join, they have widgets that you can easily add to Blogger. I think they are in a pulldown menu and are called My Widgets.