Wednesday, April 8, 2009

covers over my head & mud on my shoes.

For the last few days, I've been waking up with less energy. I'm tired, mentally, physically, everything-ly and it's made me want to just keep the covers over my head and sleep until it's time for bed. It didn't help that after donating blood yesterday, I fell in a whole bunch of mud on my way home and ruined my Converse sneakers (My favorite shoes. Ever.)

Clearly, I need another self-care day. Or for caffeine to be introduced intravenously to my blood stream. Something.

So, I've decided to start the day with this blog post. Because it comforts me to write. And, if I can put my thoughts into words, I know they will motivate me into action.

I want to go for another awesome run and finish off the day jumping around & singing out loud to my favorite songs. And, I will. Today.

I am taking the covers off my head.

1 comment:

Kristen said...

So funny that you wrote this today... I woke up this morning at 7:30 am for an exam at 9 (I didn't have time or energy to study last night due to the fact that I had to take another exam, meet with my group for a presentation, and then talk to a very upset family member until midnight)... I went to the exam and decided to skip my next class and "take off" the next 3 hours for myself, until I have to be at work. All I wanted to do this morning was go back to sleep! And now, I'll get to nap on the couch with a cozy blanket (is it 39 degrees where you are too!?!), snuggle with my dog and watch The Price Is Right. :)

So glad you're out from under the covers and dedicated to making today great! :-)

PS. I started the book -it's amazing so far. Also, it might be about a week until I can send you mine... I'm slightly short on cash but my birthday is next Friday so yay for getting cards in the mail from generous family members!