Friday, April 24, 2009

A night for Ylaria

Tonight is the night.

It seems like it was ages ago that I first told my cousin, Sonia, about Ylaria's relapse. I was devastated and crying after hearing the news from Belen (Ylaria's mom). Sonia quickly helped me put my sadness into action. I am so thankful for that. She is an amazing person and I am blessed to have her for a cousin.

If you can come tonight to Lounge 11 (505 Madison Ave in Hoboken, NJ), we would LOVE to see you! The fundraiser is from 9-11pm. Cover charge is $40 ($20 goes to Ylaria's family). If you can't make it, but would like to make a donation, please click here. Any help you can give would be so appreciated.

Ylaria is inspiring. She makes me laugh. She makes me smile. She's magic made real. Her family is my family and I love them. I want to surround them with our love tonight. So that they know that while the battle may be hard, and sad, and scary, they are not alone. They will never be alone. And there are many hands stretched out and arms holding them close as Ylaria fights for her life.

A friend shared this quote with me recently,
" At times, our own light goes out and is rekindled by a spark from another person. Each of us has cause to think with deep gratitude of those who have lighted the flame within us" (Albert Schweitzer). Ylaria and her family have been my spark many times. Tonight, I am lighting a flame of hope for them. Please join me. Let's light the world on fire with love. Ylaria, and so many children like her, deserve at least that.

No comments: