Monday, February 21, 2011

Photo Project Day #23

Day #23: A picture of your favorite book.


This one was easy. If you know me, you know I love reading. Reading is an essential part of m life-- almost as essential as breathing. I love books. Lots of books. Yet, despite my complete inability to walk into a bookstore or a library without hyperventilating, I have a favorite book.

Pride & Prejudice wins. Hands down. I read it at least once a year, after all. And every year, I fall in love all over again. Every year Mrs. Bennet makes me laugh, Wickham makes me want to scream, and Elizabeth makes me appreciate the art of wit. Every year, I wait anxiously for the moment when Elizabeth arrives at Pemberley.

I want to be Elizabeth Bennet (and not only because she ends up with the dashing Mr. Darcy, though that is certainly a perk.) Elizabeth Bennet is my literary hero for her strength and intelligence and wittiness. A woman who won't conform to society's "standards"; I love it!

What's your favorite book?

No comments: