Thursday, February 24, 2011

Photo Project Day #26

Day #26: A picture of something that means a lot to you.

Kids Cancer Crusade is an organization that means a lot to me. More than I could ever really put into words. And, Jennifer, it's founder, is one of my dearest friends.

KCC is an amazing example of the power one person can have to bring beauty, joy and love into this world. Jennifer does just that through her work with Kids Cancer Crusade.

I love Kids Cancer Crusade. I love how KCC honors Christi's amazing spirit. I love how the care packages, so thoughtfully put together, can bring the biggest smile to a child's face. Ylaria had such a smile when I brought her KCC package-- she just loved it. I love how KCC remembers the children who have earned their angel wings. Manny is one of their honorary angels. It's such a comfort to know others remember him too, and that they honor his legacy.

Kids Cancer Crusade brings families together in their darkest hour so that they know they are not alone. It's a light of hope when we might feel most hopeless. Through the work of Kids Cancer Crusade, Manny and Christi and Sydney and Ylaria and Erin and Kayla and Ty will never be forgotten. There is no greater gift to the grieving heart than this-- knowing that those we miss most and hold dearest live on in love and hope and joy.

No comments: