Saturday, February 26, 2011

Photo Project Day #28

Day #28: A picture of something you're afraid of.

I am having some trouble sleeping tonight so I thought I would spend some time posting the picture for today. This was another tough one because what I am most afraid of can't be depicted in a picture, really.

I'm most afraid of failure. In every aspect of my life.

My self-doubts have always done a good job of holding me back at things. I have managed to overcome some of them with time and patience and some degree of self-love, but it's an endless battle-- trying to figure out what my "purpose" is and if I am doing it right, (And, what, exactly, is "right" anyway?)

I'm afraid of failing at my own life, which seems pretty impossible, now that I put these thoughts on paper (so to speak). I mean, it's my life. Whatever I chose to do with the minutes and moments I am given, however many they are, they are all mine. I need to embrace this reality. It's a tremendous responsibility-- this living thing. At least living with dignity and honesty and courage and faith and love and fullness. It's a tremendous responsibility to live the life I dream for myself, the life that I verb for myself.

But this fear, if it can be called a fear, is what keeps me going. It keeps me questioning myself and my choices. I am slowly learning to work through it and not against it. Life is, after all, a work in progress. And for those fortunate enough, we get to wake up in the morning and give it all another shot. What a gift.


No comments: